Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Questionable purchases


Before you say anything, keep in mind all the above were bought at a varying degrees of discount.

I finally made it to the nearest Fry’s (about 30 miles away) this past weekend and didn’t completely lose my mind. I limited myself to two purchases, P.N.03 for the GameCube and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation for the Xbox. I remember playing a bit of P.N.03 when it was first released and being disappointed. The controls were awkward and the targeting system had an odd learning curve. Still, there was something about it that I felt had potential, so I stored that thought in the memory bank and went on with life.

The price tag said $14.99, but it was on sale for $4.99. That’s right, five bucks. Sold. I browsed the PC section and saw a special CSI bundle. The first two PC games for $29.99. Hmmm, pass. I remembered they released it for the Xbox too, but wasn’t sure if it was the first or second game. The sticker on the green case informed me that the Xbox version has both the original CSI game and CSI Dark Motives…for $20…SOLD! So do I have any hope either adventure will be any good? Hell no. My obsession with CSI demands it though and I must feed the monster.

A few weeks ago, I was equally consumed with the Futurama DVD sets so I wound up picking up the Xbox version of that game at the Wherehouse for $14.99. Most reviews agreed it was average at best, but 30 minutes worth of new footage plus all the voices and script by the writers means it’s a must have. Besides, it looks nice next to the DVD box sets.

So which three of these games will be the most decent? It may be a while before I find out as I’m quite deep into Jade Empire now and picked up some more freelance work. Has anyone played any of the above pictured? Posted by Hello

3 comments:

MarkL said...

PNO3 gets better the more you play. Good soundtrack.

Frosty said...

Haha... I actually have the Xbox CSI game. However, since I have long parted with my Xbox, you will have to let me know how it is.

Wataru Maruyama said...

We should have a CSI game party! More thrills than a LAN get together!