Tuesday, May 10, 2005

E3 and poker


I don’t have any stats on this, but poker sets like the one pictured above were probably the most received and given gift this past holiday season. Hell, it probably replaced flowers for Mother’s Day too. We’ve seen a handful of hastily produced Texas Hold’em games hit store shelves, but E3 should flop hundreds more. Normally, all this hoopla would sicken me, but I’ve long been bitten by the poker bug.

I still watch more poker on TV than I feel comfortable admitting and play at least once a week. No online poker for me although I might be tempted by a well-executed Xbox Live supported title. It’s more likely something for the PSP would scratch the itch, especially one that gives you useful tips. I realize how idiotic I’ll look yelling “I’m going all in!” at the PSP in public places.

I doubt the fervor will diminish anytime soon, especially with the 2005 World Series of Poker starting June 2nd. Posted by Hello

No comments: