Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I’m clockin ya, Versace shades watchin ya


I went to the eye doctor last week to get a new pair of glasses. My eyes are no worse than the last two examinations, but the doctor tweaked my prescription so I can see .003 percent better. I went through the usual battery of vision tests and got a complement that stuck in my mind. On a series of lights that tests peripheral vision, he remarked how quickly I answered. He said it was near instantaneous. It did feel just like a game where you need to react to what you see onscreen as quickly as you can.

Gaming can improve your reflexes, but does that mean it also trains your eyes to be better? I’ll have to poke around for some more concrete answers later.

That line above is in reference to my new glass frames. I actually was unaware that the glasses I chose were all fancy since the price wasn’t outrageous and the frames don’t have a gigantic V or spinning parts anywhere. It’s just a nice frame and mega cheap thanks to my wife’s health care plan. And no, that’s not it pictured above.

I was going to write something longer today, but that’ll have to wait till tomorrow. For now, check out this great post by the Awesomelord. Posted by Hello

No comments: