Thursday, June 30, 2005

Affordable High Definition baby


Coming out in less than two weeks is the Sony HDR-HC1 HDV 1080i Handycam. I was mad with lust over their previous $4000 HD camera, but that was a fine and healthy lust. Something unattainable I could safely fantasize about. Now that there's a more affordable option, I'm not sure what to do. I mean, it's still 2 bills and, um, what exactly am I in a big rush to tape? I've gone my entire life without owning a video camera so why do I need one right now? We’ll see how much it retails for once the holidays roll around.

Send me thine fantasy novels
Out of the blue I got mailed a Warhammer novel courtesy of Mythic Entertainment. Maybe it was because of my recent Dawn of War fixation? The sad part is I might actually read it. I will fess up to reading (and enjoying) some of the Diablo books, an admission made more damming because I went out and paid good money for them. I read more well regarded fantasy books now (thanks to Sean and Jay), but lately I’ve been wanting to go back to my stack of hard boiled detective stories.

UPDATE: Sean informs me he got sent the Warhammer Trollslayer novel too, so it’s safe to say most gaming press have it sitting on their desk. Who will be the first to read it? RACE!

UPDATE 2: There are SIX(!) books in the Troll Slayer series. Good lord.
Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Tim Ng said...

Warhammer is crack, don't do it! I lost 2 years of junior highschool to Warhammer!