Monday, June 27, 2005

Killzone gets some love


The details are somewhat fuzzy about my recent decision to start playing Killzone. The E3 trailer for the PS3 version has to be one, plus I always meant to sit down and give it a real go instead of little casual stabs. I also needed a break from Dawn of War as I’m trying to stretch out the campaign. There might be others, but that’s about the top three I think.

Killzone is definitely flawed in places (mostly control issues), but I’m having a good time with it. I love the world it creates and the overall art direction. The story is pretty decent, but seeing more of the impressive level designs and architecture is a greater motivation at this point. I’m not sure if it’s a Greatest Hits title yet (or if it had sales enough to warrant that distinction), but I’d recommend it if it pops up for $20.

The new season of Punk’d debuted last night although I have yet to watch it back on DVR. I’m not really a big fan of the show, but I did want to see what they pulled on Simon Cowell. The situations are usually mean spirited to the point it’s not that funny, which made me remember this awesome post from Daryl on Infarto. You simply must read that. Even with the threat of lawsuits, it seems American TV will “go there” at one point. Posted by Hello

No comments: