Saturday, July 30, 2005

360 degrees of excitement


I’m not sure how it happened, but I’m starting to get hyped up for the Xbox 360. The promise of at least three more DOA games and Rumble Roses XX may have something to do with it. I would have bet money there would not be another RR, but I’m glad to be so very wrong. Hopefully, the next major surfacing of software takes advantage of the final (or whatever point they are at) hardware.

Mobile action
So I was pretty sure my Warioware Twisted cart was busted, so I decided to give it a few wacks just for kicks. What do you know, it works now. So weird. I also started playing Darkstalkers for the PSP. Man, I'm really impressed with it actually. It controls well and it looks really sharp. It's nice they let you choose to keep the proper aspect ratio or stretch the image to fit the screen. The only bad part is that I move my hands a lot when playing fighting games, so it's sort of hard to keep the screen still.

iTrip field report
I have a longer commute now, so I’ve been using the iTrip attachment for the iPod on a daily basis. The verdict so far is…pretty good. I get some extra static now and then over the Bay Bridge, but it’s fine. The main complaints I’ve read about the iTrip is in regards to durability so we’ll see what happens there.

The real Battlestar Galactica DVD
So you might have seen the Best Buy exclusive UK DVD set of Battlestar, but details are finally out for the general release version. You get a TON more stuff like commentaries on 10 of the episodes, plus the inclusion of the mini-series. Of course the requisite behind the scenes and deleted material are included. All for $5 more buck that the UK version. A fantastic deal.

No comments: