Monday, July 25, 2005

L.A., a celebration, the Giants, and (gasp) work!


In case you were wondering where the posts went, I was in LA last week tying up loose ends such as finally setting up internet access for my mom. That is a long story in itself, but really not that interesting. Being down there did give me a chance to meet up with the Tips & Tricks magazine gang. I started my career there (on the now defunt Video Games & Computer Entertainment magazine, which eventually was renamed simply Video Games Magazine), and have lots of fond memories of the old place. I have a pic I took with my camera phone, but Chris made me promise not to post it. He remarked that I am the only editor to have worked on all three of the biggest game magazines of that era (VG&CE, EGM, and GamePro). The gaming version of Larry Brown you could say. Of course I’m not saying that, since my accomplishments are not even a tiny fraction comparable to coach Brown.

After I got back, it was time to celebrate my friend Arne’s birthday! Dinner was at a Hawaiian eatery in Palo Alto where much food was consumed.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWhen you get a large group of Asian together, the cameras come out. I can say that because I’m Asian.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usAnd yet still more, and bigger cameras. Obviously I am taking pictures of them taking pictures. I must have been drinking.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usA nice band played Happy Birthday and popular island tunes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usTime for some cake poking.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usThen it was off to the Sea Bowl in Pacifica.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI posted a monster score of 177, one of my best ever!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usThe sheer enormity of it demoralized the masses.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usExcept for Carol, who went on to beat me at the end of the night by one frackin point.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usA photo of the ass kicking in question.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usAye aye mate. That's a wrap.


Giant vs. Marlins
The next day, my wife and I were invited to a Giants game by one of her cousins. It was a really beautiful and fun day, but damn hot. I wish I had taken my camera. Unfortunately my suffering Giants lost.


Announcement
Last, but not least, I have joined the marketing department at IGN. It’s fun so far, but it certainly makes posting regularly a lot harder.

1 comment:

Tim Ng said...

Come bowl with your ex-coworkers, Come. Hit me up on AIM if you ever want to bowl on Friday evenings.