Monday, December 19, 2005

Farewell Phil!


So this past Friday was Phil’s last day at GameSpy. I’ve known him for almost seven years when he used to do some writing for me on OPM. He’s decided to pursue the noble career of teaching although he’s sure to keep at least one toe in some game writing. The good news is I’ll spend far less on geeky gaming pursuits without the guru in the office.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
We had a nice good bye lunch where much fantastic food was consumed. Here we see the posse strolling to the eatery.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I forgot to take pictures of the other food, but here’s desert! Yummy tiramisu. Good luck Phil!

Christmas break looms and I have a ton of gaming I’d like to get on. I’m on the 2nd disc of Shadow Hearts Covenant and guestimate I have about 12-15 hours left to go. I still have to get back to my unhealthy fascination with Beat Down.

I’ll have more access to the 360 over the break and want to finish Perfect Dark and finally start to mess around online. I’m not so sure I’ll keep the game too long after though. I want to spend more time with Call of Duty 2, NBA 2K6, and Condemned (which is scaring the heck out of me). I’d like to get a higher score on Geometry Wars too. If Dead or Alive 4 ends up shipping before the end of the month, I’ll be all over that.

I’m still having a great time with Animal Crossing. On my birthday, I received presents from neighbors and seemed to have abnormally great luck fishing. There’s quite a stack of DS and GBA games I really want to get to as well. So many great games this holiday.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Speaking of my birthday, my wife threw me an awesome surprise party. I was totally not expecting it. Thanks!

No comments: