Monday, February 27, 2006

Catching up


Battlestar Gallactica continues to kick ass, but I forgot to talk about the Admiral Cain character. Yeah yeah it’s a little late to mention it now, but anyway. When she first came on the show, I had this odd déjà vu feeling. It wasn’t till I looked up the actress, Michelle Forbes, on IMDB that I was reminded she played one of my other favorite sci-fi characters - Ensign/ Lieutenant Ro Laren. Both are strong-willed, stubborn ladies. Guess it’s a bit of type casting. Even though Cain is played as a heavy, I really like the character. I can’t talk more about her since it would be a spoiler.

PSP Media Manager
I’ve had more time to mess with the PSP Media Manager and I have to say it’s pretty cool. I’ve only used the photo and video management functions so far, but both work great. The video quality is fantastic, even when setting the conversion to the lower setting. There is still plenty of functionality I’d like to see added to it, but I’m liking it right now.

DS musing
DS owners may have noticed that some 3rd party games eventually disappear off shelves. I’m not sure how much more complex manufacturing cards are vs. cartridges, but it’s certainly not as easy as CD/DVDs. It makes me a bit nervous now to wait too long to jump on DS games I want or even sort of want. I kinda wanted Lost in Blue, but now it’s almost impossible to find at regular price. 1st party titles are a different story, although I’m not sure how plentiful a title like Super Peach Princess will be a few months from now. Fortunately, DS games are a bit more affordable than regular console or PSP games.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Podcasts
Sure there are some good podcasts out there, but few are truly great. I’ve been catching up on the Ricky Gervais show and love it so far. I missed most of the early episodes and it appears they’ll be made available for a fee as soon as the second season starts. I’m a little ashamed to admit my favorite is Tim Gunn’s podcast for the second season of Project Runway. He takes you behind the scenes of each new episode and it’s just fantastic stuff.

3 comments:

daryl said...

I guess Ricky's the the guy on the right? He sure doesn't seem happy to be stuck with Tom Delay and E.T. as cohosts.

Wataru Maruyama said...

Oh my god, you're oven experience was harrowing. Hope you're recovering ok.

Daryl said...

Thanks for the concern; yeah, I'm okay now. And I almost have two eyebrows!