Sunday, April 02, 2006

LOL Rumble Roses

I've been playing Rumble Roses XX off and on for the past few days. So far, it’s pretty much what I expected. Fairly shallow wrestling action, but nice visuals and a large amount of items to unlock. It’s actually a pretty daunting list considering how long it takes to unlock certain features and costumes. The craziest thing is that there is so much about the game that remains a mystery. It seems Konami has taken a page out of Team Ninja's "we're not going to tell you how to do things" playbook. The good part is that it's fun discussing with other players what unlocks what, etc. The bad side is there's no telling if any one method works universally.

I don’t regret picking it up, but it’s sure to get shelved for a while once I buy Oblivion. Just the other night, the 360 informed me around eight people on my Friends list were online. Every damn one of them was playing Oblivion. Then a ninth friend signed on and within 30 seconds sent me the message “LOL Rumble Roses”. Is it still peer pressure if you truly want to do what everyone else is doing?

I decided to skip the fancy Special Edition and use that extra $10 towards the official game guide. My journey should begin something this upcoming week.

1 comment:

Montry said...

Good luck with that Wat. The first night I played Oblivion, I ended up playing for 9 hours straight. I can't even remember the last time I did that.