Friday, May 26, 2006

Xbox 360 HD-DVD


Pics surfaced a few days ago of the HD-DVD attachment for the 360. The question is, how much will stand alone HD-DVD players be by this holiday season when the attachment is out? If the attachment is $100 and the lowest cost player is $300, then I’ll go with the former. But if the price difference is only like $100 or maybe $150, then I would probably prefer a separate device.

Considering how flakey the 360 can be, I feel uncomfortable using it as an everyday DVD/HD-DVD player. Still, the way I have my 360 laid out in my entertainment area leaves enough space for the add-on. As of this moment, there are 19 HD-DVD releases in stores. I only kind of want one of them, so waiting till the holidays is not that tough. Will have to keep close tabs on how this plays out.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
RIP Captain Jack
Anyone familiar with Dance Dance Revolution has frantically moved their bodies to some Captain Jack jams. I happened upon some Captain Jack videos on YouTube that got me all nostalgic and wanting to look up some previous albums. That lead me to his Wiki page entry where I learned he had passed away last year. Bummer.

The good news is three of his albums including his most recent greatest hits compilation is available on iTunes. A great deal considering all his albums are sold here as costly imported CDs. Give his infectious tracks a try if you haven’t before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this the captain jack that does the awesome song for vermont teddie bears?