Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Okami baby


I had no idea Okami would take like 30-40 hours. I’m getting close to the 15 hour mark, but probably not that close to being halfway. It’s hard to know for sure without spoiling things by looking at a guide. I keep getting distracted by exploration, fishing, you name it. It’s just such a gorgeous world that I want to really enjoy it and not rush so much.

I finished Shadow of the Colossus right before this, so you could say I’m scratching my arty game itch. It’s also nice to get so much mileage out of the current generation. These last two years has been amazing in terms of software for the PS2. It’s really too bad the games are getting overshadowed by the next gen hype.

Up next is either Final Fantasy XII for PS2 or Splinter Cell Double Agent for 360. I’m really going back and forth on whether to try to fit in a RPG. Whatever happens, I need to be done before the week of November 14th. From that week on, I figure to be playing a mixture of Rainbow Six Vegas, Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, and various Wii games well into the New Year.

Actually, Metal Gear Portable Ops for the PSP comes out early December. Snake Eater is my favorite Metal Gear of all time, so this sequel to that storyline has got me jazzed. My PSP will finally get some extended play time! If you haven’t gotten around to playing Snake Eater, get to it. Once you get a groove for how the stealth system works in the jungle, it gets so damn good. I know, I know, it can be annoying at first, but please stick with it. One of the most rewarding game experiences and memorable characters of recent memory hands down.

No comments: