Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Holiday 2006 Final List


My earlier “Buy” list has been greatly paired down. From the titles that have already been released, I picked up NBA 2K7, Okami, and Cooking Mama. All are awesome in their own way.

From the remaining upcoming games, the following are in the “for sure” column:

Nov
Elite Beat Agents - DS
Rainbow Six Vegas – Xbox 360
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 – Xbox 360
Wii console w/ Wii Sports
Twilight Princess – Wii
Metal Slug Anthology – Wii

Dec
Metal Gear Portable Ops – PSP (pre-ordered to get the cool case)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Bubble Games
These three are probably getting purchased, but are on the bubble:

Gears of War – I’m still very much on the fence on this. I will be looking at reviews closely as well as checking it out in the office.

Splinter Cell Double Agent – After devoting so much time to Okami, I kind of need a slight breather, so I haven’t picked this up yet. Then I find out the Xbox version has a ton more content and story than the 360 version. WTF?! Now I don’t know what to do. I kind of want to play through Okami again actually.

Super Monkeyball Banana Blitz – I’m actually fairly certain I’ll pick this up.
Out of all the other Wii launch games, this one speaks to me the most, but I’ve been known to change my mind quite a bit so it’s in this section for now.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Long Shots
Like the title says, these will be hard to squeeze in.

Final Fantasy XII – This is oh so very tempting. I could certainly go for an epic story, but 60+ hours is going to be hard to squeeze in before Wii launch week.

Bully – I was not that interested in this game, but the word-of-mouth post release has got me excited.

Xmas Presents or 2007
I’m in no hurry to get the following, so I’ll wait to see if I get any of them for Christmas or whenever I’m in the mood for them.

Every Extend Extra - PSP
Gunpey – PSP/DS
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Loco Roco - PSP
Capcom Classics Reloaded - PSP
Gitaroo Man Lives - PSP
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin - DS
Final Fantasy III - DS
Yakuza – PS2
Rule of Rose – PS2
Oblivion – 360 or PS3

No comments: