Monday, June 18, 2007

#1 Pac-Man CE player (UPDATED!)

Not #1 worldwide, but at least on my friends list I am. It probably has changed since last night, but I was at #231 overall (score was 285K+). I’m not sure how many people are playing it, but the lowest ranked person on my list is #40,000. Feels pretty sweet to be #231 out of at least 40,000+ players.

Big credit has to go to my man Erik Harte who reveled a crucial portion of his strategy (he was formerly tops on my list at 270K+) that filled in some holes in my route. At this point I feel I’m reaching the max of what I can do with the game. There are a few more tricks I want to try that may get me over the 300K mark, but burn out is starting to set in.

UPDATE: Last night I hit 310K+. I wish xbox.com would let you check your scores and not just basic live info. At the time I hit that mark, I was ranked #131 in the world. After checking 1 hour later, I was at #140. Oh well, still in the top #200. I felt like I would take a break for a bit, but this morning in the office everyone was buzzing about challenging my score. It's got me amped again to keep getting better. Still, I feel I'm close to my max ability in the game. We'll see.

1 comment:

Dave said...

hOW THE HELL DO YOU GET OVER THE 200k MARK..PLEASE PROVIDE SOME TIPS