Thursday, August 16, 2007

A tale of two demos

It only took 5 minutes of playing the BioShock demo to convince me I had to own this game. I even stopped playing because I want to save the as much of the experience for when the game comes out next week. It would be great if I happen upon a store that has leaked it early, but whatever. I would have bought it anyway I guess, but the demo has me psyched out of my head.

On the other hand, I now know for a fact that Stranglehold will be totally skipped over, but not for the reasons you might think. I actually liked the demo a lot. It’s great fun, looks good, etc. The problem was that it made me dizzy as hell. The only games that ever made me dizzy were the first Turok on the N64, Half-Life, Half-Life 2, and Prey. Out of those, I only finished HL 1 and 2. I’m willing to deal with headaches for HL Episode 1 and 2, but I didn’t enjoy Stranglehold enough to warrant getting sick.

Does anyone else get selective dizziness from certain games?

2 comments:

Ujn Hunter said...

I only get dizzy when watching my wife try to play a FPS game, watching her walk into walls and look at the ceiling...

Anonymous said...

Marathon XBL made me dizzy.