Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pure Love

I became a father for the first time earlier this month to a bouncing baby boy. The amount of love I feel for him is indescribable. It’s been hard going back to work and not seeing his face and holding him and trying to figure out why he is crying at any particular time.

My late father didn’t spoil me much (my mom on the other hand is another story), but one thing he would never deny me was books. As a writer, he obviously loved books and had tons of them. He even bought me comic books on a regular basis, since in Japan, they are read by people of all ages and not viewed as junk literature. One thing that was hard for me to get either of my parents to buy me was videogames. For one, they were expensive and two, I’m sure it all looked like a waste of time to them.

This won’t be a problem for my son. He’ll have plenty of access to games and I can’t wait till he’s old enough to play some with me. I’ll know which ones are appropriate for his age and what is not. Of course if it turns out he doesn’t like games much that’ll be fine. Who knows what kids will want to do with their free hours in the future. Probably something that looks like a waste of time to me.

6 comments:

Nick said...

Really cute baby man, congratulations.

Ujn Hunter said...

Congratulations! Enjoy.

Breaker said...

Congrats!

ryan said...

OMG! That's so cool, congrats!

Macanaqui said...

Yes, your baby will be as lucky as my two sons, as a hardcore gamer I hope they will share my passion.
Congrats, really cute boy!

Clive Chang said...

Congratulations! I feel so happy for you! I'm sure it'll be nice to have a gamer dad.