Thursday, August 21, 2008

PSP? Hmmm maybe… (UPDATE)

Last year I sold off my launch PSP with the intention of buying the PSP Slim once it was released, but I ended up getting rid of all the games and pretty much abandoning the platform. It was always in the back of my mind though that I would jump back in if there ever was a really radical redesign, like adding a second analog stick.

The PSP-3000 has very few new features, but it boasts one that is dear to me-a better LCD screen. To be more specific, it is brighter, has double the color gamut, has five times the contrast ratio, and double the response time. How that translates to real world improvements in the visuals is yet to be revealed, but it sure sounds hot.

Tempting, but what's really tipping the scale is the announcement that a new Parasite Eve game, Third Birthday, is coming to the PSP. I’m quite the Parasite Eve fanboy even though the first two games were average at best.

For my travels, my iPhone and DS have me pretty well covered, so it would really take several more big things to make the new PSP a must have. Of course if the screen really does look insane…

UPDATE!
That is a pretty snazzy comparison pic. The new PSP is the one on the bottom. Courtesy of Famitsu.com.

2 comments:

Ujn said...

I really wish they would fix the d-pad... it's fairly useless as it is. Darkstalkers is unplayable... Street Fighter Alpha 3 is bearable because of the analog control...

Anonymous said...

You have a great Blog about high definition. Check out our HDV 18 website if you get a chance. I think you will enjoy it.