Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Best Xbox Live bargain ever

Rearmed has secured a place in my top ten games of 2008. It’s challenging, long, rewarding, looks great, fun, etc. There’s not much more to say other than that the 800 points it costs is a fantastic bargain. Remakes of side-scrolling 2D action with “new” 3D graphics are usually earmarked for the PSP. I would have skipped Rearmed on the PSP at the most likely initial price of $29.99 and waited for it to hit $19.99…or maybe skipped it entirely. Regardless of what might have happened on the PSP, I would not be playing it as maniacally as I am now for one simple reason – online leaderboards.

I can’t tell you how many hours have been spent re-playing Challenge levels to shave split seconds off my best time to topple a friend’s score. Last I checked, only one person on my list has completed the entire game so that is my next goal. 

I’ll also play Geometry Wars 2 every now and then, but it just raises my blood pressure too much. Haven’t gotten around to checking out Braid, but I did purchase Castle Crashers. Just a minute into the demo had me sold. I really wish it was disc-based because I’d love to be able to take it over people’s houses or bring it to work because it’s so much more fun playing four players in the same room. 

3 comments:

piyo said...

Hi. I never did complete BC when it was out on the NES so I passed on that purchase.

But Geometry Wars 2 was a big surprise for me. The online leaderboards are a potent carrot-on-a-stick. This is my "best xbox live bargain ever".

Yeah, I totally forgot that DLC is tagged to your console, not your account. I was going to suggest using a Memory Unit.

Can I add you to my Friend's List?

Rob H. said...

I use a memory unit as DLC IS tied to your account, but it requires an online connection at the destination system. I got a 512MB memory card and I permanently keep my profile, some of my favorite arcade games and all my saves on it. When I go to a friend's house, I pop out the card and am all set!

Wataru Maruyama said...

What's your email Piyo?