Friday, June 25, 2010

iPhone 4

It was a long day, but one filled with fun and great news. Here's how it played out:


6/24/2010
11:30AM
I'm thinking the early morning crowds should have thinned by now at the Bay Street Apple Store in Emeryville. It's nice to have positive thoughts isn't it? I scan the faces of the reserve line as I make my way to to back. There's a mixture of despair and excitement. It's quite cold out. I'm already thinking of bailing.

12:10PM
Wife joins me in line during her lunch break since she works close by. This is her phone after all. Mine got delivered in the morning. I'm thinking I'll have to stay in line no matter how long it takes because if mama is not happy, nobody is happy.

12:30PM
The Apple store folks bring out free chicken sandwiches from Bake Sale Betty's! Even though it's not warm, it still blows away the majority of chicken sandwiches I've had in my life. I probably would have wet myself if I ever ate one straight from the kitchen.

1:00PM
Wife leaves.

1:15PM
The guy in front of me hears me speaking Japanese on the phone to my mom who is watching my son at home ("I'm gonna be here a while" basically), and tells me the Japan is up 2-0 against Denmark! I totally forgot with all this iPhone line stuff! He's from South Korea so we start chatting soccer. Conversation erupt with folks in front and in back of us and it's getting fun and lively.

1:30PM
Two hours in we round the corner. Japan wins 3-1! We're in the round of 16!

3PM
We're very close to the front and honestly the last hour and a half kind of flew by because of the banter and perhaps my high from the Japan news.

3:30PM
iPhone 4 in hand and activated. Wife happy. It's not until I get home that I realize how tired I am.

Early Impressions
The more time I spend with the iPhone 4, the more it impresses. It's so fast, especially with apps that are designed for iOS4. My photo uploads are way quicker as well. The screen is a thing of beauty. Web browsing is gorgeous and speedy. Photos pop. The quality of snaps from the camera are great and it starts up very fast. Fast enough to capture those sudden photo ops.

More soon.



3 comments:

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine to,and be a follower..thanks and God bless..http://forlots.blogspot.com/